INFORMATION AND TIPS FOR THE WAY
Before planning the trip and deciding the luggage list, ask yourself the following questions:
– How much time do you have to do the Camino.
– How are you going to make the Camino: On foot, on horseback, on a bicycle …
– In what time of year you are going to make the Camino.
– What is your age and state of physical preparation?
– If you have any illness, disability, old age …
– Luggage: Forget big backpacks. Advisable from 3 to 5 kg. maximum. On the Camino you will find everything you need.
– Do not forget: Documentation, water or isotonic drinks, sunglasses, hat / cap, raincoat, very comfortable boots, well groomed feet and wooden cane.
– Credential or Road Journal.
TO BE CONSIDERED A PILGRIMAGE AND YOU CAN OBTAIN COMPOSTELA, IT IS NECESSARY
100 kilometers on foot 200 kilometers on horseback. 200 kilometers by bicycle Once the starting point is decided, you must be ACCREDITED with a CREDENTIAL. The Credential is basic, to be received in shelters and shelters, where they will put the respective stamps. You can obtain it in: In the Refugios, in the Associations or Brotherhoods of the Camino de Santiago and in certain Churches.
City Council of Sarria: 982 531 001 // 982 535 000
Health Center: 982 532 111
Local Police: 982 530 850
Civil Protection: 982 532 440
Red Cross: 982 530 092
Tourist Information: 982 530 099
Bus Station: 982 530 125
Train Station: 982 530 787
Taxis: 982 530 004
Santiago Airport: 981 547 500
Airport of La Coruña: 981 187 200